Haleakala Summit Tour
For those guests who prefer to start their day a Little Later
This is a great tour option! This exciting excursion begins with a first-class guided vehicle tour of Haleakala National Park. Guests will have the opportunity to learn about the unique Geology, Ecology, History, and Culture of Maui from our NAI Certified Interpretive Guides with a focus on Hawaiian values and preservation. After visiting Haleakala National Park, our guests will also have the opportunity to visit the historic ranching town of Makawao, the North Shore surfing area of Ho’okipa, the quaint town of Ha’iku, and the lively town of Pa’ia.
- 24 passenger Mini-bus
- Interpretive Tour provided by TWO NAI Certified Guides
- Haleakalā National Park Tour – Haleakalā EcoTours is authorized by the National Park to provide tours and services
- Upcountry Tour – Haiku, Makawao, Kula
- North Shore Tour – Paia, Ho’okipa, Haiku
- Central Maui Tour – Kahului, Wailuku
- Multi-Lingual Interpretive Mobile App (Free Download)
Book early and save! Advance pricing is available online for bookings made at least 72 hours ahead of the tour date. Bookings made less than 72 hours before the tour will be charged the retail rate. All bookings are subject to Hawaii State Tax.
Retail Price: Adult $155 – Child $130
Special Price: Adult $145 – Child $120
*plus taxes and fees.
• Interpretive Tour provided by NAI Certified Interpretive Guides (CIG)
• Admission into Haleakalā National Park by Authorized Partner Haleakalā EcoTours
• Drive to us or get picked up
Classic Morning Tour
Interested in a private tour for your group? Call us for pricing at (808) 575-9575.
Rather bike down Haleakala? Check out our sister site’s Summit Maui Bike Tour.
Resort and Hotel pickup available. Pick-up Times Vary.
Check-in Time: 8:00am
Return Time: 3:00pm – 4:00pm
Summit Private Luxury Tour
Retail Price: Entire (11 or 24 passenger) luxury transit van: $1,400
*plus taxes and fees.
Bubble Morning-Private Haleakala Tour
Pick-up Times Vary
Check-in time: 8:00am
Return Time: 3:00pm- 4:00pm
Highlights of the Tour Include:
Encounter the elegant Silversword plant, found nowhere else in the world as well as Hawaii’s state bird, the Nene goose. Haleakalā is home to hundreds of rare and endangered species of plants and animals. Learn the importance of protecting their habitats and upholding the National Park mission of Preservation and Conservation.
Maui’s rich farming and ranching history is still evident by vast pastures that line the side of the mountain. Kula’s cool weather and rich volcanic soil, makes the area an ideal spot for a number of Lavender, Protea, and Macadamia Nut farms.
The Hawaiian Cowboys or Paniolos have roots set deep in the town of Makawao. This small town still has hitching rails at store fronts just as the locals once used to tie up their horses.
Today Paia is a popular surf destination, however Paia’s history is as intriguing as it is fascinating. Learn about how the Sugar Plantations shaped this town and the culture of the island, and how this small north shore town was once a gathering place for entertainment and fun.
Like Paia, Haiku has its roots in agriculture. The Pineapple industry built this small, rural town, with the pineapple cannery as the center of action. Haiku also played a pivotal part in World War 2 by being the home of the Fourth Division Marines during the 1940’s.
The impressive voyaging skills of early Polynesians changed the course of history by spreading their culture across the Pacific. Learn about this ancient evolving people and culture and the myths and legends that inspired them. From the first arrival of the Marquesans, to the second wave of Tahitians, see how they established a civilization and birthed monarchies, including the Kamehameha dynasty which united the Hawaiian Islands.
- Interpretive Tour provided by NAI Certified Interpretive Guides (CIG)The National Association for Interpretation (NAI) is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) professional association for those involved in the interpretation of natural and cultural heritage resources..
- Admission into Haleakalā National Park by Authorized Partner Haleakalā EcoTours
- Drive to us or get picked up